Getting a 60 gallon compressor

Carbon

Let us know how it works and how it does for you. Id love to know more about the MaxAir systems. Nice purchase though Lol

Will do man :good:

I'm tapped out right now. Looking to get it within the next month or so.

Just buy a husky like the one you use over here it's 60 gallons and never have a problem.

Ill just talk you tomorrow about compressors.

If you are into spending 1k on a air compressor I would wait and save up a few bills and buy a Quincy or Champion. Ingersoll Rand is a hit or a miss, suggest anyone do some research on that one. Few discussions on those over at Hotrodder forum. If you get an Ingersoll Rand buy the longest warranty you can afford.

I think with Quincy if you register it and purchase their maintance kit every year for 5 years you extend your warranty for those 5 years. Other companies may offer similar options.

Look for something that is 100% duty cycle and 2 stage. The little bit of extra money will be the difference between a loud compressor and a quiter one where you could hear yourself talk. Slower the pump RPM the better, the pump is what makes most of the racket along with the filter.

Quincy 5-HP 60-Gallon Two-Stage QT Pro Air Compressor $1,399.99 I think I have seen it on sell for $100 less or so.

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/Quincy-2V41C60VC-Air-Compressor/p855.html

Or you could get the Kobalt 60 gallon from lowes less then $500. Honestly it is not the greatest, but it may work temporaily if you wish the save up for something better.

Quincy, Champion or most USA made units will last a lifetime if properly maintained.

Archived