MrShiffles Posted August 14, 2013 Report Posted August 14, 2013 Hey everybody! New on this forum but I've dabbled with car audio projects for over 20 years...I got a new project I want to do with a Sundown E15 d2. I've built lots of sealed, ported, and even a bandpass box back in the day...but i still feel like a newb when it comes to really designing something that defies the manufacturers recommendations. I got a design laid out for my '02 4dr Blazer to replace the old ass but reliable(and now deceased) Bazooka 12's that i had. I want ported now! I listen to Rock, Metal, some Pop, Electronic, and Hip-Hop most of the time...I like a clean and strong low end(27-ish Hz and up), but also some punch in the high end..I designed for this particular sub because the price is right and i've read alot of good things about it. I have a decent 300W amp to run it, but will upgrade to something a little cleaner@500W later on. Just want to make sure i've got every thing worked out before i fire up my trusty Rigid table saw :0) The specs on the box i worked out to are: Total VB 5.5 cubed Net VB 4.1 cubed Tuning: 32 Hz Slotted Port: 4"W x 14.5"H x 30"L Port area is around 58 in^2 It would be a Sub Up and Port Back config Question is: Am I tuning too deep for a Blazer for my above listening, and is my port area right for low power?
MrShiffles Posted August 15, 2013 Author Report Posted August 15, 2013 Bump, Bump.....Bumpity, bumpity Derp! Anybody? I hate wasting building materials...i want to get it done right the first time...everytime...i appreciate anybody's help!
MrShiffles Posted August 16, 2013 Author Report Posted August 16, 2013 Mods please close this thread...it's no longer valid.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.