2001 impala electrical problems

so my cousin came over the other day with said car. wanted me to put floor lights in so im like sure why not. now these cars have floor lights already there so i told him well the easyest way to do it would be to just tag into those. but he wanted them on while he was driving so i said well were gona need a switch and im gona have to find a 12v constant to tag into. so after tagging into the cig lighter. the switch must have been wired wrong so the + and ground were looped cause when i tapped what i thought to be the ground on the dash framing to make sure i had a good ground it arched and that killed the cig lighter. so after that i tagged into the little light for the ash tray.

i guess later that night his radio stoped working and now his dash lights come on and shut off as if its always day time and last night he got a ticket for not having tail lights even though the breaks still work.

so obviously it shorted some where but those are the only 2 spots that i tagged into we checked fuses and everything seems to be good the only thing i could think of would be a relay. any help with this issue would be amazing.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

went threw and checked the fuses again found 2 blown ones fixed the problem guess when we did it at night we couldnt see that those ones were blown

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived