new truck new build new problems

well, i dont think i told many people yet, but my escalade was stolen about a month back and all of my stereo stuff along with it. the only thing i got out of it was my mojo 4k because i was in the process of cleaning up the wiring when they stole it. what is worse is that the insurance company said that they can only cover $1500 of the cost since the truck only booked for $6000 and i had $5000 worth of coverage for the stereo stuff. basically i got rippedsuicide-santa.gif.pagespeed.ce.gQbT_A_Wk yeah. that about sums it up. well, from the bad comes good. i was able to purchase a new truck from the little bit of money the insurance company gave me and what little i had saved up. i found a nice little 04 dodge dakota quad cab 4x4 with a 4.7. it was pretty much stock when i got it, so mods were in order right from the first week. i installed an

Adrenaline XDC Series 3" Suspension Lift, steel roll pan, universal intake and did up a cool back up camera with a soundstream lcd in the headliner. things were getting rolling now, but my stereo was still stock and any bass head knows that it cant stay that way. so i hit up a buddy and got a pair of diamond 10's, some memphis mids and highs, memphis mids and highs amp, and a jl 500/1. i had this set up for 3 days before i ripped out and put in a borrowed american bass hd 15. i still wasnt happy so i hit up a few people, struck a few deals and :Bling:came out with a nice fi btl 18 with a ufo motor!!! now i was going somewhere!!. so the build began. i ripped all the new stuff i had just put in and started with the REAL install. i started by running all the wire under the truck in electrical conduit and then i built a 2x6 frame for the box to sit on. i ran all new tsunami rca's along with put in the new matrix. :hyper:now it was getting close!! after mounting the new shurken 120, soundstream 20 fared cap, and wiring all of it up,i slapped the box on the frame and mounted the mojo 4kw in the only place it would fit... on top of the box. you see, my wif and i agreed that this truck was going to have a back seat, and it does. a very small one. this way i can still carry the occasional straggler, and i can have a true bass head's system in my ride. :finger: i win. after some testing and tuning it is finally the way i want it.. for a little bit anyways. so now the truck is looking good and....oh yeah. pics right??ttiwwopsmileys.gif.pagespeed.ce.M-KB_yFr ok, okIMAG0148_zps3c13f55f.jpgIMAG0147_zps43066a49.jpgIMAG0171_zps8ea57a83.jpgIMAG0151_zpscde4dd0d.jpgIMAG0150_zps5074c167.jpgIMAG0152_zps6358c618.jpgIMAG0154_zpsac6e28ba.jpgIMAG0157_zpsa30ab8f6.jpgIMAG0158_zps3440748c.jpgIMAG0161_zps588b8326.jpgIMAG0162_zpsa2f7b70b.jpgIMAG0163_zps305d3729.jpgIMAG0164_zpsd23cc2d0.jpgIMAG0165_zpsdeacbf03.jpgIMAG0166_zps9a47867a.jpgIMAG0172_zpsbfa4107a.jpghttp://s1296.photobucket.com/user/flarobbie/media/VIDEO0057_zpsa8cb92c5.mp4.html.... bass dog

• 2 weeks later...

id a comp. last saturday in ohio. i could only do base race cause my cd player doesnt like cd's much. i raced in the 139.9 class and placed third cause i had problems with my cap cutting power to my amp. pretty good for my first time. ill be better prepared for it next time though, for sure.

Archived