Second Skin Audio

Combining boxes

LoFi2013

I'm sorry but are you claiming the bandwidth of a 4th is small, my fourth slams at 25 and 60 like you just claimed it wouldn't.. maybe I misread

I didn't claim a 4th order can't play a wide bandwidth and I didn't claim they can't do it efficiently. What I said is that they can't play as wide a bandwidth as conventional alignments, and they can't. If they could, they would not be called band pass. And again, that's not an opinion of mine, it's physics. We can't change physics.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

bbeljefe, you have some good info mixed with some bad info, i got tired of reading so let me just point out the ones i noticed

4th orderbandpass boxes can have a great bandwidth playing from 20-60hz if design right, but any box can have a great bandwidth if design right

you also said

there isn't a wide enough band of frequencies below 60 to worry about it unless you were trying to use a sub bass driver that's more than two feet in diameter.

which i dont know what you consider bass but everything i play is below 60 hz, also a 10 " driver can play just as low as an 18 so you saying he needs a 2 ft driver to play low is just bad info

See above for your first comment. As for the second, I didn't say tens can't play in the low frequency range. I said that having two subs pulling duty on two different bass frequency ranges is not necessary... and an example I provided was if you have a large driver, like a 24" sub. Those speakers aren't efficient at higher frequencies... even bass frequencies.

And no, I did not say he needed to buy a 2 foot subwoofer. I used that as an example.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived