Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Got a question about glueing the surround


jdawg90

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I'm in the process of doing a recone and have already glued the spider in place. I want to use amazing goop on the surround... the package says to apply to each surface and wait 2 minutes before letting them touch. That's not really practical with the surround glued. Would I be okay laying a bead and clamping right away? And how long do I need to let the glue cure before hooking them up?

Posted

I recently used amazing goop and I reglued a surround to a cone that had ripped off the cone. I lifted the surround and clamped it immediately and it worked just fine. I let my sub dry for about 2 days before hooking it up but I am sure you could play it way before then.

Posted

why cant you use the same glue that you used to glue the spider?

i dont understand why you want to glue the surround when you said you already glued it...wat?

Posted

why cant you use the same glue that you used to glue the spider?

i dont understand why you want to glue the surround when you said you already glued it...wat?

When I made the thread I had only glued the spider. I'm using the glue sundown told me to use: 5 min epoxy on spider and goop on the surround. I actually just glued it with the goop, I was able to fold the surround back with one hand and put glue over most of the lip.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...