ok im sure this has been asked before but i couldnt find it in a search

i just pick up a 88 s-10 blazer and the dash surely isnt in the greatest condtion "dull and cracked of course"

now the dash is only cracked in too places right at the corners at the speaker grills pretty comman im sure

but my question is how would i go about fixing this?

i know you can throw some glass over the hole dash or wrap it which i might end up doing if i can find the right color tweed

but what kinda of product can i use to fill in the cracks and not have to worry about it shrenking or expanding in the weather

i would just say f*** it and glass the whole thing but im not to kind on the glossy look blaring me in eyes

theres a place here in cali called pan am that redo's dash but for the price i could buy another vehicle

well thanks for everyones time and comments are always helpful

First off. Welcome to SMD I see this if your first post.

Fiberglass or epoxy is my suggestion. you can then paint it to match with interior paint. it might be the quickest and easiets way.

thanks for the welcome brother yeah it is my first post on here but i been into car audio and eletronics since the late 80 but havent been able to install on my own since i was in a skydiven accident back in the day and finally able to start getting around and i needed to get start doing something

im going to try to get this blazer going and i have already got my system planned out but being broke as a joke the custom work is gonna really hurt lmao so im going to try to attempt it on my own

i have some old school mmats amps im going to run d300hc 2 sq4070 and 2 1400.1 most likely the d300 is just going to sit around the garage another few years

i have 1 12 jugg that i dont have specs for

1 set of mb quarts 3 way old school :) 8in 5 1/4 and 1in tweeter

alpine 7909 modded for steerling wheel controls

forgate symetry

stilling looking around for some other things two i was going to use my zapcos but there beat they need a new coating and silkscreen

thanks for the welcome brother yeah it is my first post on here but i been into car audio and eletronics since the late 80 but havent been able to install on my own since i was in a skydiven accident back in the day and finally able to start getting around and i needed to get start doing something

im going to try to get this blazer going and i have already got my system planned out but being broke as a joke the custom work is gonna really hurt lmao so im going to try to attempt it on my own

i have some old school mmats amps im going to run d300hc 2 sq4070 and 2 1400.1 most likely the d300 is just going to sit around the garage another few years

i have 1 12 jugg that i dont have specs for

1 set of mb quarts 3 way old school :) 8in 5 1/4 and 1in tweeter

alpine 7909 modded for steerling wheel controls

forgate symetry

stilling looking around for some other things two i was going to use my zapcos but there beat they need a new coating and silkscreen

also is there a site where i can get this product i looked at selected products but really dont know what to use

i was thinking duramix 4040 but i dont think it will sand very well on the dash without messing up the old bridle materail

Skydiving accident? sorry to hear about that. I know its probably old news by now but new for me.

Well bro your in a great forum. What part of Cali you from?

Old School Blazer with old school Equipment. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Just depends what your going for. I got some old school plans myself. I hope to have that project rolling and at least the system completed by next February for Autorama in Sacramento.

So whats your plans for the three-way? how do you plan on mounting them? I personally run an '82 S10 pickup for my comp car and my family owns two s10 blazers '83 and '89 and a full size '75 (just had to throw that in LOL). So let me know if you got any questions.

Skydiving accident? sorry to hear about that. I know its probably old news by now but new for me.

Well bro your in a great forum. What part of Cali you from?

Old School Blazer with old school Equipment. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Just depends what your going for. I got some old school plans myself. I hope to have that project rolling and at least the system completed by next February for Autorama in Sacramento.

So whats your plans for the three-way? how do you plan on mounting them? I personally run an '82 S10 pickup for my comp car and my family owns two s10 blazers '83 and '89 and a full size '75 (just had to throw that in LOL). So let me know if you got any questions.

yeah just say im half titamum lmao now but dont worry im cool now just make sure your ex wife dont pack your chute for you

im in san diego

yeah i have had this stuff for a while hell i still got some us amps laying around but i perfer the mmats over them

now for the 3way of course the 8 are going into the door panels along with the huge ass musiccomp crossover once i find a way to get them glassed in there in some kinda enclosure then the 5 1/4 and tweets are going in the kicks hopefully i can find some that are pre build from a pro cause i would hate to make them and they totally sound like ass

i have always liked the blazer only because that was my first car when i was 16 and my best freinds dad work at all pro sounds in pensacola fl and for my bday he installed 8 15 pro series punch drivers with 4 linear power 8002 with 2 2202 on the mids and tweets and a nice ass eclipse 314 head unit and a alpine eq/crossover

now keep in mind that i have never fab anything with glass but i use to install car stereos back in the day and they really didnt have the techical stuff they have today

hell i still remember using 1 in birch for 4 18 pro fosgates on the orginal power 1000 damn that amp had balls but the sound quality was very shitty oh well those where the days

i cant wait to start getting back into the scene

what kinda setup are you running in the s10

yeah just say im half titamum lmao now but dont worry im cool now just make sure your ex wife dont pack your chute for you

im in san diego

yeah i have had this stuff for a while hell i still got some us amps laying around but i perfer the mmats over them

now for the 3way of course the 8 are going into the door panels along with the huge ass musiccomp crossover once i find a way to get them glassed in there in some kinda enclosure then the 5 1/4 and tweets are going in the kicks hopefully i can find some that are pre build from a pro cause i would hate to make them and they totally sound like ass

i have always liked the blazer only because that was my first car when i was 16 and my best freinds dad work at all pro sounds in pensacola fl and for my bday he installed 8 15 pro series punch drivers with 4 linear power 8002 with 2 2202 on the mids and tweets and a nice ass eclipse 314 head unit and a alpine eq/crossover

now keep in mind that i have never fab anything with glass but i use to install car stereos back in the day and they really didnt have the techical stuff they have today

hell i still remember using 1 in birch for 4 18 pro fosgates on the orginal power 1000 damn that amp had balls but the sound quality was very shitty oh well those where the days

Well I'm glad to see grown folk up on here.

I'm a chevy man, I'll list the cars later. LOL In my s10 I've got majority Earthquake equpiment (might change soon) two 15" DBXi-d each powered by a phd10000W/D1 and ph2200W/4 set of Boston Acoustic 6.53 (3-way). With an alpine head unit in front.

so are you going to leave the back seat in the blazer or take it out?

im in san diego

this is what the dash looks like before

DSC00951.jpg

IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x83/sik6yamaha/DSC00956.jpg[/img]

not really sure on the back seats right now part of me want to trash it and then the other parts say's keep it

i would like to do a wall but like i mentioned before funds are tight

but we will see what happens if i can get some killer deals on some subs then that damn seat is coming out and going

right in the trash

i still gotta get a bigger motor in this sob but you know how cali is with there damn smog i might just have to get another 2.8 and slap it in there