Second Skin Audio

4 15 wall build in extended cab of ford ranger

toolshed

8 subs iso loaded would be pretty sick and would have my attention. A nice plexiglass window to peer into the sealed section of the box would be REALLY awesome too. If you have the power on tap to run all those subs, that would be perfect. If you have 8 subs, you could do 2(which is 4 since they load as one) subs in a sealed chamber and all subs firing into the common ported chamber. Good news is, you would only need 1/4 the room that 8 would need. I wouldn't skimp on port area though, since it's a lot of cone area.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

2500 watts per amp... actually was testing it yester day and it peaked around 3600 max.. but that was using the clamp meter ... but anyway... so what are you saying here....? are you saying 4 subs isobarric which is 8 subs or are you saying....2 subs iso which is 4 subs?

I'm heavily suggesting 8 subs compound loaded, so 4 actual holes for subs. Push/pull will give you cone control, output, clarity, etc. I think it would be badass to see it done and I'd be willing to be you'd be impressed with the results.

Yes, one sub in ported, one sub in sealed. If you did two separate sealed chambers, you could size those for 1 sub sealed(spec wise)and do the same in the other sealed chamber. Then you would fire all 4 up into your ported chamber which, if dealing with say 2:1 ratio would be 10 cubes. Each sealed section wood be the equivalent to what 1 sub needs sealed. So you've got 5 cubes sealed(separate 2.5 cube chambers) and a common ported chamber of around 10 cubes after port displacement. Do you have this much room?

BTW, the second box design would be fine too. I'm not entirely sure what is loudest in that truck, my guess was the port along the top. The port in the cemetery would be plenty loud, especially with a setup that we are discussing.

i dont have enough room to do 4 in the type 1 box... I do have enough to do 3 though.. so i could indivually chamber for three subs, let the pull sub be on the top and could get around 10 cubes that way. I could always run 2.0 or even 1.75 per sub if needed.... It has no low end at 1.75 but with 2.5 they were bottoming out. so i'm guessing 2 cubes would be ideal. if i ran 6, do i run one amp per three and the other amp per three... or does this set up require all subs to be on the same phase or amp?

Three can be on their own amp, but they have to have polarity reversed. The inverted subs need to be 180° out by flipping positive and negative at the amp. That way they pull as the other sub in the sealed section is pushing.

Archived