Second Skin Audio

Need help with boxes!

Trayten

Ok here's the scoop, I just ordered my DC XL 15 the other day and I started thinking about what I'm going to do for a box. My dad and I are good with woodwork, so we can definitely do it I think, it's just more of the fact that I have no idea about how to build one. I know there are different things I have to tune like the box itself and the port etc, that's kinda where I'm stuck. My dad is a carpenter so we can figure out all the measurements and what-not but I just need to know generally what they mean I guess? My car is a 1988 Cadillac Brougham, it has a pretty massive trunk so I was thinking that we'd kinda build the box to the specs of the trunk, cause I always thought bigger boxes are better. I'm open to all suggestions, I really could use help on this cause I don't want to spend more money on a box online, for some reason I believe that home-made boxes will probably work better, not sure why I think that but I do. So, anyway.. any help is welcomed, I'll try to get back to you for any posts you make if I have questions etc. Thanks a lot :)

Vehicle: 1988 Cadillac Brougham

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Head Unit

Custom box built by me (designed by forum member g2shuck)

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

Archived