OEM alrm add on: Shock Sensor

last year i bought a 2012 civic sedan Lx and i have been kicking the thought around of getting and alarm system for it but i don't want to carry a remote. i came across a OEM shock sensor that said it can be added on to the factory alarm. Its a DEI 504k. the reason i got this one is because it has a deactivation switch. i was looking up on how to install this and some guy tapped into the hood latch. is there any other way on how to do it?

2004 Chevy Silverado 3-6 lowered. TBSS 22s.
Headunit: Pioneer NEX 7000
Subs: 2 8" Sundown Audio SAv3
Sub amp: Rockford Fosgate Power T1500-1bd
Mids & Highs: Rockford Fosgate Power T152 and T165
Highs Amp: 2 Rockford Fosgate T400-4
Batts: Optima Yellow Top
Wires: Big 3 and all Rockford Fosgate Wiring
Deadening: Rockford Fosgate Deadskin

• 2 weeks later...

The green (or blue, which ever is the trigger for it) wire should go somewhere that would trigger the factory alarm. If the car has a hood pin, then that could be a good place. Of course make sure (and I assume) that the trigger is a (-) for the hood and for the DEI shock sensor output. You could do it to a door trigger as well, as I assume the alarm would go off if a door is opened. Which ever way is easier at that point. I'm also kind of curious if the shock sensor is a dual zone, and if the factory alarm will do a warning chirp/has the capacity. It will probably just set the alarm off fully, since if the factory alarm senses ground on any of the triggers, the alarm will fully go off.

R.F.M.

READ THE F****** FREE MANUAL!

Archived