Sundown Audio

Thoughts on zrx3200.1D for a 12" DC audio level 5.

Rick Griffin

When I first started here i planned on using a ZRX3200.1d for my 15" XL, I got tons of no's.. They proved to me how "power hungry" hifonics amps are.. I decided to go with 2 SQ 1200 watt amps on my 1 sub. For your application, 1 good amp should do the trick, I just didn't have the money at the moment so that's why I split it up :P

Vehicle: 1988 Cadillac Brougham

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Head Unit

Custom box built by me (designed by forum member g2shuck)

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

When I first started here i planned on using a ZRX3200.1d for my 15" XL, I got tons of no's.. They proved to me how "power hungry" hifonics amps are.. I decided to go with 2 SQ 1200 watt amps on my 1 sub. For your application, 1 good amp should do the trick, I just didn't have the money at the moment so that's why I split it up :P But hell if you have the money, go for a good amp in the first place, you might be disappointed with a cheap amp that claims 3k+ watts in the end!

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

ok, what about the audiopipe 3500 or do they still make it? Also, my last setup was 1 15" fi btl (the one with the neo magnet) n2 I think on a aq 2200d new car so im going for the dc lvl5 12" with 32-3500 power. Will the dc be noticeably louder?

ok, what about the audiopipe 3500 or do they still make it? Also, my last setup was 1 15" fi btl (the one with the neo magnet) n2 I think on a aq 2200d new car so im going for the dc lvl5 12" with 32-3500 power. Will the dc be noticeably louder?

that all depends on the vehicle and the enclosure. i think the fi btl is a better sub than the dc. those neo magnets can take more power and the venting allows for faster cooling. what kind of vehicle is this going in???

the btl was in an 06 caddi cts and the dc is going in a 06 bmw 530i. About the same size.

do a L ported box with double baffle and bracing. about 3.2 to 3.5 cubes and tune to 32 to 34 hz. i think youll get loud

that all depends on the vehicle and the enclosure. i think the fi btl is a better sub than the dc. those neo magnets can take more power and the venting allows for faster cooling. what kind of vehicle is this going in???

the btl was in an 06 caddi cts and the dc is going in a 06 bmw 530i. About the same size.

do a L ported box with double baffle and bracing. about 3.2 to 3.5 cubes and tune to 32 to 34 hz. i think youll get loud

trunk is kinda small for an l ported box I think.

OP, what ever you do, Do Not get a planet audio or audio pipe amp. You will be very disappointed and find it hard to sell either one of those used. If your budget is low stick with the hifonics over the other 2. Then when you have the money you can upgrade your amp. And even with the extra batt or batts, you should really look at upgrading your Alt.

truthsayer

OP, what ever you do, Do Not get a planet audio or audio pipe amp. You will be very disappointed and find it hard to sell either one of those used. If your budget is low stick with the hifonics over the other 2. Then when you have the money you can upgrade your amp. And even with the extra batt or batts, you should really look at upgrading your Alt.

not always. sometimes its not worth it. i have 2 ssa evil 18s on 2 saz 3000s. stock alt and 2 big ass batteries. i can play that thing all day. the hemi comes with a stock 150. and vehicles like bmw have advanced computer systems that wont allow for bigger alternators

170 is my stock amp and there are no h/o amps (without being specially built) for my car. Also, the zrx3200.1D has "watts" at 3200 and "max" at 3200? Is this hifonics attempt to not tell me what it is running rms?

170 is my stock amp and there are no h/o amps (without being specially built) for my car. Also, the zrx3200.1D has "watts" at 3200 and "max" at 3200? Is this hifonics attempt to not tell me what it is running rms?

that number is not important. what the real wattage is based off of the current draw. that amp at 1 ohm probably does about 3k but when playing music about 2000 consistently. i say sell the hifonics and get the crescendo 3500

that number is not important. what the real wattage is based off of the current draw. that amp at 1 ohm probably does about 3k but when playing music about 2000 consistently. i say sell the hifonics and get the crescendo 3500

I want it but cant afford $800 for the amp.

When I first started here i planned on using a ZRX3200.1d for my 15" XL, I got tons of no's.. They proved to me how "power hungry" hifonics amps are.. I decided to go with 2 SQ 1200 watt amps on my 1 sub. For your application, 1 good amp should do the trick, I just didn't have the money at the moment so that's why I split it up :P But hell if you have the money, go for a good amp in the first place, you might be disappointed with a cheap amp that claims 3k+ watts in the end!

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

Archived