Running mids and midbass in door.

JSE

My original plan was to run 1 JL ZR800-cw as my mid bass driver in each door in its own sealed enclosure. Problems I am running into... JL recommends .75 cubes sealed, I might get .25 cubes sealed in doors and I would be running into problems with space for my 3 6.5in mids. From a bit of research on midbass its not really recommended to run midbass drivers sealed but rather IB. Obviously I wont run my mids and mid bass IB. No room in the kicks for anything. I could possibly do my mids in a sealed box but I cant find anyone that runs them sealed (RF T3652-s) and the box would be really small most likely under .25 cubes (haven't done the math on this yet).

My only other option and the only one that unfortunately seems to work for my situation is to run my T3's from 80-3000hz and skip the midbass driver.

Not really sure what to do now. the closer I get to setting this thing up the more things I find wont work lol.

After all that I guess my question is. Will I still get good mid bass without having a dedicated mid bass driver? It will save me almost $800 by not having the mid bass drivers that's kind of nice lol

And a slightly unrelated question. I am a little concerned that having 8 mids and 8 highs (1k on the mids and 600 on the highs) that 2 18's on a 10k will completely drown out my mids and highs full blast.

Will have.

4X sets of T3652's on a RF T1000-4 and T600-4

2x DC level 6's on DC 10k

RF 360

Want

2x JL ZR800's on a RF 400-2

Hope I worded myself correctly and gave enough information.

~Josiah

~Meh~

Archived