300C trunk build. Solo X 18"

5.25 cubes seems to be pretty small for a solo x 18. All I've heard about them is that they love big boxes like 10 cubes, but I've never had one so maybe it's not true.

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I am about to go check everything. The motor is very strong kept pulling tools and screws hen installing. Surprisingly as per the Kicker manual a 5 cube box is acceptable. I'll update when I know something

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I hope you figure this out man. I'm usually a hater of sub a large sub in such a small space, but I've seen your posts and you are an intelligent dude. You also aren't trying to fire that monster at the deck lid haha.

The cone area on the sub is bigger than a typical 18" since its square, so that's why they are always happier in a bigger box with more port than many similar diameter drivers. I think it needs more port to be happy. Adding a 3rd 6" port might be a pace to start.

External ports cab save that airspace for the sub. You may consider running completely external on the ports to save that net volume.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I hope you figure this out man. I'm usually a hater of sub a large sub in such a small space, but I've seen your posts and you are an intelligent dude. You also aren't trying to fire that monster at the deck lid haha.

The cone area on the sub is bigger than a typical 18" since its square, so that's why they are always happier in a bigger box with more port than many similar diameter drivers. I think it needs more port to be happy. Adding a 3rd 6" port might be a pace to start.

External ports cab save that airspace for the sub. You may consider running completely external on the ports to save that net volume.

Thank you. Yes the original box was sub up. :(. The subs are about 80% external. I can not add a 3rd 6" or make them completely external for the same reason. Space. Adding another 6" port would require about 14" added to the length. As of right now if I fold my seat up I have about 1" between port and seat.

I went through my amp and deck settings. It hits better, but acts like it likes the higher notes much better then the lower(<35). I have double checked the measurements of the box and port length. Tuning Should be at 30 hertz. But lows don't move much air and don't get as loud as expected. RCAs seem to be ok.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

• 2 weeks later...

Well screw it. I have not had the motivation to screw with it. Doesnt move the air I expected, and just doesn't get loud. Sub is big, very little options for enclosure. I don't want it facing up. Selling the sub. Either going back to 12"s or a 15".

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

I'm REALLY sorry to hear this man. I think more port would have helped get the result, as well as more air space. I know real estate ran out for either option. It sucks that you didn't get what you were after.

It was a learning experience though, all is NOT lost. You learned. I would go forward and not look back, just progress to the next thing.You'll get the setup your after man, you care and you're going to put the effort forth to achieve it. Good luck and I'm posted for whatever you choose for the next step :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived