Sundown Audio

amp question

intrevic

Well I was curious about something that I've been trying to understand. Now I don't want to start any arguments or say that one amp is better than another. Now I understand that there are amps that go below a 1 ohm load so I am not counting those, just a daily amp for the average user that runs at 1 ohm and above. I've been trying to understand the whole box rise thing and all that so here is my question. Let's compare the new CT Sounds 1400 vs the Rockford 1500 bdcp. The Rockford has 1500 @ 1 & 2 ohms but at 14.4 and the CT Sounds has 700 @ 2 ohms and 1400 @ 1 ohm but at 12.8v. So do they technically put out about the same power with box rise and lets say some voltage drop. I ask this because the Rockford has the constant power but how does that work when your voltage drops and the CT is rated at a lower voltage so when your are driving you're making more power so is that compensating for box rise. Sorry I'm lost with all this just trying to understand this whole ordeal. BTW I have a T1000 bdcp so like I said not trying to say one is better than another.

Archived