My 2013 kia sportage build(page 3 sub and amp in)(page 4 for a vid)

Just realized I didn't put a pic of the subs in the kia with box done. Mite be picking up a PB 5000d. So shit may get real soon.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2012 Sportage and i am going to try to install a Sub and Amp... Looking through this forum, i have some questions. Is the install above done using the stock radio that comes with the Sportage? Mine has the stock player and i want to use that still. I know that i have to wire an adapter to the speakers so that i have RCA Outputs for the Amp Hookups, and that is where i am stuck. I have wired a few systems in my day, but i don't know where to start on my Sportage. Should i remove the front door panels and tap into the wires there? Or try to remove the stock player and tap in there?? I don't know how to remove the door panels, or the stock radio. I've seen a few videos on it, but nothing is very helpful. Can someone please help me?

I have a 2012 Sportage and i am going to try to install a Sub and Amp... Looking through this forum, i have some questions. Is the install above done using the stock radio that comes with the Sportage? Mine has the stock player and i want to use that still. I know that i have to wire an adapter to the speakers so that i have RCA Outputs for the Amp Hookups, and that is where i am stuck. I have wired a few systems in my day, but i don't know where to start on my Sportage. Should i remove the front door panels and tap into the wires there? Or try to remove the stock player and tap in there?? I don't know how to remove the door panels, or the stock radio. I've seen a few videos on it, but nothing is very helpful. Can someone please help me?

Here is how you get to the back of the radio. However, after doing some research it seems as if you have an external amp in the back of the car. Look for some wiring schematics for that amp and just tap in there. Here is a guy that sort of did the same thing. Would make life much easier.

http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/78096-full-stereo-less-head-unit-installation-2.html

I highly recommend not using electical tape like he did but instead soldering and heat shrinking.

http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/77674-new-amp-uvo-sat-stereo.html

Here is another guy talking about the same thing. Looks like Kia really screwed aftermarket installers hard. SPIDIF out to factory stock amp and crazy wiring scemes.

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

I have a 2012 Sportage and i am going to try to install a Sub and Amp... Looking through this forum, i have some questions. Is the install above done using the stock radio that comes with the Sportage? Mine has the stock player and i want to use that still. I know that i have to wire an adapter to the speakers so that i have RCA Outputs for the Amp Hookups, and that is where i am stuck. I have wired a few systems in my day, but i don't know where to start on my Sportage. Should i remove the front door panels and tap into the wires there? Or try to remove the stock player and tap in there?? I don't know how to remove the door panels, or the stock radio. I've seen a few videos on it, but nothing is very helpful. Can someone please help me?[/quo

I have after market double din

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

Here is how you get to the back of the radio. However, after doing some research it seems as if you have an external amp in the back of the car. Look for some wiring schematics for that amp and just tap in there. Here is a guy that sort of did the same thing. Would make life much easier.

http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/78096-full-stereo-less-head-unit-installation-2.html

I highly recommend not using electical tape like he did but instead soldering and heat shrinking.

http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/77674-new-amp-uvo-sat-stereo.html

Here is another guy talking about the same thing. Looks like Kia really screwed aftermarket installers hard. SPIDIF out to factory stock amp and crazy wiring scemes.

Wiring in this car is not hard

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

Archived