Second Skin Audio

SQ related Sub & Port Question

Colin - STAPUFT

Ooh that's a sick setup! And even in a Trailblazer. :D

The subs in that box are indeed "back" but they are 90 degrees off from the port. But I get what you mean. Maybe I am thinking too much on this one. hehe. But yeah, will likely be subs and ports back. I use Bass Box Pro to model everything- to get me in the ballpark. Ports will be large enough in area to have very little (if any noticeable) port noise. I've yet to build a box that had port noise. :D

And the HU does have time alignment for all 5 surrounds as well as the substage. :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I did, a single DD SW6.5 in a TL in my Trailblazer and loved it. I also did the DD 1508 and WOW. I love the 12" but the 8" is more than enough if your not looking for numbers. although it did do a 142. The 6.5 only did a 139. But, you gound do the Tang Band 8" and be impressed I'm sure. I have not used it yet, but from the reviews, and the specs it looks good. I have a 12" MOJO in a TL, yeah a lot of space is taken up, but DAMN!!! Its loud (148.6).

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

I did, a single DD SW6.5 in a TL in my Trailblazer and loved it. I also did the DD 1508 and WOW. I love the 12" but the 8" is more than enough if your not looking for numbers. although it did do a 142. The 6.5 only did a 139. But, you gound do the Tang Band 8" and be impressed I'm sure. I have not used it yet, but from the reviews, and the specs it looks good. I have a 12" MOJO in a TL, yeah a lot of space is taken up, but DAMN!!! Its loud (148.6).

Nice numbers for sure. This one isn't going for numbers and I just don't think I have the room for a TL.

The Tang Bands I have are the 5.25" Neos, not the 8"s. The 5.25s are fairly impressive for what they are, and are very accurate down low- they just don't get all that loud. That is why I am thinking they would do good in the front doors from about 250 hz down to 50 hz or so. Then let the real subs pick up the work from there.

I will have to build a TL at some point, but it doesn't look like this one is a good fit.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived