Sonic Electronix

I have a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT and would like to install as subwoofer in the rear trunk. The situation is I don't want to use a lot of space, 1 sub, small box. Any sugestions on a subwoofer that sounds good with a low Fs? I am also looking for an 8 inch free air woofer for the stock 7 inch hole. I do not want to cut any holes in the car's metal structure on this install. The amps and processors will fit nice in the spare tire well, about a 4 1/2 space where two amps can fit with cooling fans.

Any thoughts on slim line woofer, one with the magnets reversed?

Thanks

Ed

I have a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT and would like to install as subwoofer in the rear trunk. The situation is I don't want to use a lot of space, 1 sub, small box. Any sugestions on a subwoofer that sounds good with a low Fs? I am also looking for an 8 inch free air woofer for the stock 7 inch hole. I do not want to cut any holes in the car's metal structure on this install. The amps and processors will fit nice in the spare tire well, about a 4 1/2 space where two amps can fit with cooling fans.

Any thoughts on slim line woofer, one with the magnets reversed?

Thanks

Ed

If money isn't too big of an issue... Go with DD 1500 8"s for the front(awesome mid bass) and maybe a 1500 10" for the rear.

www.myspace.com/the240sxproject

WARNING: I SELL PRODUCTS AND DONT DELIVER THE MERCHANDISE!!

a premier/pioneer shallow mount 8"s/10"/12" might be good, and inexpensive, not sure on the fs though.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB

Subs: 2 Pioneer Premier 12" ts-w3004spls

Sub box: 3.2ft3 tuned to 35hz

Sub Amp: SoundMagus DK 1800

Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate 200a4 Bridged to fronts

Front Speakers: DLS MS5A components

2 gauge power & ground

141s19i.jpg

If money isn't too big of an issue... Go with DD 1500 8"s for the front(awesome mid bass) and maybe a 1500 10" for the rear.

some how i jus knew u were gonna suggest some DD subs <_<...back on topic umm kicker has some cvr shallow mount subs

Edited by Sp33dyG

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

Sorry they do their job. Why does it matter what I suggest? Does it affect you?

There wasn't any problem with you suggestion other than you said a 10", and he doesn't want to cut the metal. To the OP, I would suggest trying a sound plinter RL-i 8". they are kinda pricey, but they are beasts. I am thinking of changing over to their 15 " subs.

RL-i 8

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

There wasn't any problem with you suggestion other than you said a 10", and he doesn't want to cut the metal. To the OP, I would suggest trying a sound plinter RL-i 8". they are kinda pricey, but they are beasts. I am thinking of changing over to their 15 " subs.

RL-i 8

I was under the impersonation that he wanted to fit an 8 inch sub in a 7 inch hole... which isn't going to fit regardless(without cutting). The question he's asking is too general.

RL-i 8

damn thats one beefed up 8'' sub looks mean o.O

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

I certainly appreciate all your inputs. Incredibly there is a 7.125" hole pre cut and ready to go on the back deck. I just don't want this to go to waste, it would be a good home for a free air woofer. As far as the subwoofers go, I would like 1- 12" or even 1- 15", but need to keep it in an ergonomic sized box. I was thinking of going with the Richard Clarks invent of the aperiodic membrane, but there are too many holes between the cab and trunk! I'm looking for some info on a sub that has good base in a small cabinet. This car has only 3000 miles on it and my girl friend would kill me if I used a chop saw. I told her that I could get a good system and still use the trunk.

Good sub low fs, small box Vas? :rolleyes:

Edited by Legacy05

I certainly appreciate all your inputs. Incredibly there is a 7.125" hole pre cut and ready to go on the back deck. I just don't want this to go to waste, it would be a good home for a free air woofer. As far as the subwoofers go, I would like 1- 12" or even 1- 15", but need to keep it in an ergonomic sized box. I was thinking of going with the Richard Clarks invent of the aperiodic membrane, but there are too many holes between the cab and trunk! I'm looking for some info on a sub that has good base in a small cabinet. This car has only 3000 miles on it and my girl friend would kill me if I used a chop saw. I told her that I could get a good system and still use the trunk.

Good sub low fs, small box Vas? :rolleyes:

good sub, low frequencies, small box. go with 3500 series 12" DD(3512)