Second Skin Audio

8 10s wiring

CodyHendo

12 gauge OFC is plenty for those subs. You keep bringing up "even if I have 5-6K?" You have 8 subs, you're certainly not running 5-6K through one run of 12 gauge speaker wire. You have 8 subs, that's 16 coils. At 6000 Watts, let's use the high end of your spectrum, split between 16 coils, that's 375 Watts per run if speaker wire to each coil. I'm pretty sure any OFC 12 gauge speaker wire can nest that demand. Buy what you want, but 8 gauge is overkill. Overkill is what we are ALL about in car audio though so go nuts. I just don't want you thinking you ONLY have 8 gauge as an option.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

12 gauge OFC is plenty for those subs. You keep bringing up "even if I have 5-6K?" You have 8 subs, you're certainly not running 5-6K through one run of 12 gauge speaker wire. You have 8 subs, that's 16 coils. At 6000 Watts, let's use the high end of your spectrum, split between 16 coils, that's 375 Watts per run if speaker wire to each coil. I'm pretty sure any OFC 12 gauge speaker wire can nest that demand. Buy what you want, but 8 gauge is overkill. Overkill is what we are ALL about in car audio though so go nuts. I just don't want you thinking you ONLY have 8 gauge as an option.

well i realize thaaaat, but what about the run straight from the amp? haha should i at leeeeast do a bigger run for that portion? Im just trying to get as much info as i can.

Archived