warhead052 Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 Hey guys. I'll be honest, I'm fairly new to box building. My very first box was the worst POS you'd ever see, it was like 1/2" pressed ply held together with nails and insulation tape. The second box I ever built was much better, I used wood glue, 5/8" board (can't remember what kind, it's like MDF), and screws as well as caulk to seal it off. No ports on either box. Anyways, long story short I recently acquired two rockford P210S4 subs, and a pioneer 850.2. When it comes to wiring, I can do that pretty well. I've got them down to a 2ohm load, which is probably bad for the amp but what ever for now. Its in a prefab ported box, but its falling apart. Long story short, I'd like to build a box for SPL on music, and I'd like to use the subs and amp that I already have. Any ideas as to what I can do? I'd like the maximum amount of air movement I can get too. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
VaNQuisH Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 cone area, lower tuning, power increase would all be a good start to air movement. It's harder to play lower notes (low 30's) and get higher spl numbers than (50-60hz) so you're going to have to decide exactly what you want to do with this setup. A daily ground pounder that will move alot of air and tuned low is one choice SPL setup tuned high that is designed for burps is another option.Look up the specs for your subs and go for the optimal vented enclosure size and start there Currently: * Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage * (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm) * (1) Arc Audio 1200.6 * RF 360.3 DSP
Aj11 Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 I'd tune the box to 42hz if your looking for spl. and go as big as you can. I'd say atleast 4cubic feet not including the port Size. And I'm sure your amp will take a 2ohm load just fine. that's prolly the optimal load for your amp. most amps put there peak out at 2ohm(most) also what kind of car? truck?SUV? and what space do have to work with? jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
warhead052 Posted December 6, 2013 Author Report Posted December 6, 2013 It'll be in the trunk of a '98 Chevy malibu. 35-45hz is fine with me. What kind of port should I have?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.