Second Skin Audio

73 Nova, 300w RMS to SA8v2 enough?

lesstutrey

different!!! like the 67 camaro integrated in the nova clip!! keep us posted on the car itself, much less the 12V

actually it's a 69 camaro valance and 69 grill (i think the valance on 67-69 was the same anyway) and it's got the 70-73 era tail peice out of a camaro as well, hence the name "Nomaro" nova+camaro or not+camaro :) Oh yeah, i'm getting plenty of greif for putting an audio system in it "just put some good 6x9s in the back and you'll be happy." I wish that were the case! Until i do headwork on that the nomaro, which will not happen, since my plan is an EFI 427 LS iron block (alum if i can atually get the deal i am told about) she's gotta be sitting under 400 ponies with around 400ftlbs of torque, Not exactly a monster (probably a high 12s car), and a sub box and amp can always be removed for a trip to the strip. And i'd probably be the lightest driver at the track. The difference in weight between me and the average car guy is about the weight of this gear :nuts: My 57 bel air won't get this kinda stereo love, keeping that one as light as possible. Try to do that setup for under 600$ whereas i'm trying to keep this one under 1200$. And i never plan on selling the Nomaro, it's a 1 of 1 car, and has the souls of two people in it, because the original restoration work was financed by a guy dying of brain cancer, for his son, but he never got to see it complete (and was just restoring a 73 not.. what i did) and the motor comes from a marine who was KIA in Afghanistan, and his mother finally decided to scrap his belongings and a friend at the scrap yard picked it up seeing that it was built up. So this car is for a lot more than just me! Oh, and it doesn't leak at all and it's got a two peice rear, so they must be doing me right! :gayhaaay1:

And yeah, maybe my whole "stay away from bigger drivers" was a bit misguided since i'm not driving an import (ok my daily driver is a subaru outback, so not entirely true) or a truck.

I demand to see moar pics

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

I demand to see moar pics

Well we finished paint and clear yesterday, some 2000 wet and buffing compound over the weekend. Took a few shots now that our final stripe is layed down. It's silver, booth light makes it look white, was originally a darker silver, but a. had a paint chip fall in it which we worked out but when clear hit that area a spot showed up and b. this separates the two tone more and makes it pop more than the darker silver, imo. Again, the image is a link to a gallery.

IMG_20131211_164336_975.jpg

Archived