Sundown Audio

400 watt amp

Greasemonkey2014

What do you mean by leaving the amp turned up or down?

I suppose the gain? Im not disbelieving your claim about that amp being underrated but I need to see that it says itll run 200watts x4ohm x2 subs or 200watts x 2ohm x 2 subs. I don't want to get the amp and put it in and wish I had gotten a higher powered amp, because that's how the current amp I have is acting now.

The gain should be set and forgotten about, but that's another discussion altogether. And I get your concerns. The Audio Technix 400.1 is now the CT Sounds 500.1. It was dynoed yesterday on 12.8 volts and produced 601 watts at 1Ω in certified mode. In dynamic burst mode, any amplifier will produce more power and that test mode is the closest simulation to music that one can do with a resistive load. Other CT Sounds amps that I've seen tested in both modes have produced ~58% more than their rated power, which means that the AT400.1 should do ~790 watts on good electrical.

You can visit CT Sound's Facebook page to see the results of the tests I'm speaking of also, so please... don't just take my or anyone else's word for it. Do your due diligence.

And then, don't let that little beast of an amp get away at $125.00, because the new models are not as inexpensive.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Hey thanks, Korney. ;-)

Unless anybody can tell me how to fix my current amp! It will only play one sub at a decent volume. With both hooked up it still plays just really quiet. Has 0-2 gauge wire for positive and ground so its not underpowered. It did work great, then I relocated it and didn't touch the settings, but now its messed up.

Unless anybody can tell me how to fix my current amp! It will only play one sub at a decent volume. With both hooked up it still plays just really quiet. Has 0-2 gauge wire for positive and ground so its not underpowered. It did work great, then I relocated it and didn't touch the settings, but now its messed up.

are you wiring the subs like this

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

or like this?

2_4ohm_svc_8ohm.gif

option 1 is the correct way for a monoblock amplifier.

Have you tried it on just one sub with both subs. e.g. hook one up and test it, then hook the other up and test it.

Sounds more like a woofer or wiring problem than an amplifier problem.

Have you tried it on just one sub with both subs. e.g. hook one up and test it, then hook the other up and test it.

Sounds more like a woofer or wiring problem than an amplifier problem.

Yes ive tried one sub on each hookup. It has two speaker outputs, meaning 2 + and 2 -. If I have one hooked up its loud and correct, but if I hook both up it gets really qquiet. No matter how I hook it up. I can put them both on one output or on their own outputs and its still quiet.

This is the amp.

null_zps1347190f.jpg

This is how they are wired.

B7BF7A86-5D2B-4EED-90A6-67F7F0E6C678_zps

Sounds like you have a sub wired out of phase. Wire one sub normally and the other one backward and see what happens.

And yes, that's a two channel amplifier. And no, it will never do anywhere near it's rated power.

Archived