Sonic Electronix

Starting to get up some equipment for a new build when i get a new ride

So I was hoping to sell my car sometime this month but I flipped my truck over this past saturday (12/7/13) and now i don't have anything to drive aside from my car so I get to keep it for a little while longer. But I am still gathering up some equipment for when I am able to sell my car and get a new ride. Here's what I have so far and am going to keep buying things here and there just wanted some opinions on what else I should get.

1 FI Audio Q 15 First generation when they were still doing double stacked magnets on them

1 Kicker zx1000.1 amp for sub

have a super bass probox for the 15 but I'm thinking I will build a custom box

1 XS Power xp950 battery for stereo equipment

Kenwood eXcelon ddx-790 touchscreen hu

What I Need:

need to find an amp for my mids and highs. Im thinking a Fosgate Punch 400.4 or maybe a Kicker amp

need to buy some good 1/0 wiring. Probably Sky High cable

need to figure out what mids and highs I will run

need to get a HO alternator for whatever I am going to get. I am thinking 250 amp should be more than enough for this little system

Car I Am Thinking About:

thinking about finding a mid to late 90's Volkswagen Golf Gti

There is my list let me know if I have left anything off that i need aside from rca's and speaker wire. And opinions on the system and what I maybe should get on the What I Need section

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

yea im using the probox right now but I know I will build a custom when I finally get a new ride and the free time to do it. I prefer them to prefabs anyday and if you have the tools and knowledge to build one its usually a cheaper route.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

yea i found that out when i was just starting in car audio and again not too long ago with a fosgate p2 i have. i had the p2 in a prefab enclosure and it sounded alright but then built a custom box for it and it really opened up the woofer. i really want to do a custom box for my 15 right now but i have no way of getting wood since i wrecked my truck and i don't want to have to turn around and build another one when i get a new car if the one i build is too big for it or if i can get more enclosure in the car than the one i have now.

ive been looking around for about a month or two now at getting a new car cause my mitsubishi eclipse convertible just aint cutting it and i have always liked the golf and i can find one for about 1500 to 2500 in great condition so i think its what i want

did some looking on a mid/high amp today think I'm going kicker zx350.4 on some decent components my budget will decide which ones I'm thinking infinity reference though

Archived