is a epicenter worth it?

Aj11

You should definitely add a second battery, along with an HO alternator, ultimately. I was running two of them in my truck strapped and with ~330AH of battery and a 200 amp alternator I was still getting high 11 volt drops. Of course, I was running mine at a half ohm so that increased the load but still, no amp can make power without sufficient power.

As for mounting the amp where you can see the guts, if you do, make sure you add cooling fans. The heat sink is above the amp in the normal mounting position and since heat rises, it catches most of the heat and gets rid of it. When you flip the amp over, the heat is not dissipated as efficiently and you run the risk of overheating if you don't provide additional cooling. And like with power, that goes for any amplifier.

You may have seen it on Youtube but in case you didn't, here is my truck with the two 1400.1s.... they'd still be in it except that the truck was stolen and stripped last month:

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

wait that amp can run .5ohm? did you do anything to it,or can it Do it out the box? and ok coolling fan,how many?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Did nothing but hook them up. And in the interest of full disclosure, I did end up putting fans on them but only because I subjected them to demo sessions upward of 2-3 hours long. I own a shop and part of my marketing/fun for the weekends is to take the truck out and do demos at a local car audio/hotrod hangout and that's the reason for the long sessions. But during normal listening while driving (I'm a basshead, mind you), they did not run hot. In fact, I only put the fans on them as a preventative measure. They never went into protect and never got hot to the touch. Warm, for sure, but not hot.

As for what I'd recommend for cooling... an amp rack with a push pull fan setup. But only if you mount it upside down or run it at a half ohm. Otherwise, no additional cooling needed.

what kind of power is put out at half ohm? ok I'm still debating on how to mount gonna draw up some sketches when i get some free time

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I'm not sure because no one has tested one that I know of. But Coleman has an AD-1 now and he's been testing a lot of amps so I'm hoping he will test the 1400.1 at .5Ω soon.

can't wait to see the outcome! and i really can't wait for the amp!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff