Mattpopp Posted December 25, 2013 Report Posted December 25, 2013 Lets get one thing straight, I am a NOOB for the most part. Though through trial and error I have figured out a few things, just a few... Here is what I am trying to do. I want to add a little thump to a Polaris RZR. The only place I have available is in the bed. I do know a sealed box is pointless and that a Ported box is what I need. For what ever reason I ordered a Probox Turbo 2x 10's. now after ordering this i realized that I have no idea what would be a good choice for to subs to fill this box. I tried to research this and came up with nothing. I don't want to put anything high end in the box as I ride in a harsh environment and it will more then likely get wet. My plan was to bed line the out side of this box for added protection as well. With this being on a UTV I am constrained by power as well. I have since removed the tiny UTV battery and put a auto Interstate battery in but the charging system (stator) is still limited to the amps it produces to charge the battery. In the past I have had no issue powering 2 JBL 400 watt amps driving 8 8" marine bazooka and a JL M400 driving a 12" diamond audio sub. Sub was in a sealed box and sounded bad, not good at all. I would however like to continue to use the JL M400 amp to drive 2 10" subs as I know with those three amps the RZR can handle this. With that being said, will the Probox Turbo work and what speakers should i use that can safely be driven by the JL M400? Sometimes you can't have the cake and eat it to but I need opinions from people that can help.
Neckbeard Posted December 25, 2013 Report Posted December 25, 2013 IF you really don't want any high end subs and a little bump, go get some Rockford P1's Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
Mattpopp Posted December 26, 2013 Author Report Posted December 26, 2013 So I found my old RF 800a2. Might use that sucker to push the 10's. another question though. What is y'all's thoughts on running two DB Drive K4 4 ohms? They recommend 1.48 cf for ported box and it to be tu Ed to 39hz. The Probox is at 1.30 cf and I believe it is tuned at 60hz (not really sure though. But blocking one each of the two ports on the box will reduce the tuning on the box. Again not sure what to though. But regardless, any opinions on this?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.