Jump to content

Filtering Passive Crossovers?


TITUS1985

Recommended Posts

Posted

So in my car I have the Hertz HSK 163 and the Hertz HSK 130 both ran passive off of a Hertz HDP 4. My question is do I have to filter the lower frequencies out even though I'm using the crossovers provided? Or will the crossovers filter everything out that shouldn't be played? As of right now I have the channels on the amp set to let everything through but on the head unit I have both sets crossed at 100 Hz... I would really like to get some lower mid bass out of the speakers but don't want to push them too hard and have them pop on me.

I'm also running 2 Hertz Hi Energy 12's off of a Hertz HDP 1 crossed at 80 Hz (both on amp and head unit) so my intentions with the mid bass drivers is not to get to sub level, because I can get plenty of that if I wish to. I just want a really well rounded sound from everything and wondered if the passive crossovers included will allow me to do that or if I should keep the speakers crossed at around 100 Hz to be safe thanks in advance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1083 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...