Damon Ransom Posted December 28, 2013 Report Posted December 28, 2013 I'll be getting a bonus this spring at work, and want to add a 10" sub to my system in my 1994 Camaro Z28. I currently have a Pioneer DEH-X8500BH head unit and 4 Rockford Fosgate speakers (2-P1675's & 2-P165's). I'll be using the sealed enclosure pictured below, rated at 0.75 cubic feet of air space. This enclosure is custom designed to fit in the space vacated by the stock subwoofer and allows me to continue use of my trunk space for t-tops. Based on suggestions from a fellow f-body owner & audio dealer who has tried many different subs in these cars, I've been looking at the Massive Audio Kilo 104 or the Sundown Audio E-10D4 V2 but am certainly open to suggestions. The Massive sub is designed for the 0.75ft3 space, but Sundown says the optimum sealed enclosure is 0.50ft3 so I'm not sure if it would be optimal. I'd much rather have good overall sound quality - at 43 years old I'm not just looking for bump & thump. Looking to stay around 300-500 watts RMS. Also looking for suggestions on an amp to drive the sub. Looking to spend around $100-150 each for the amp & sub. Enclosure:
Brandon Mendoza Posted December 28, 2013 Report Posted December 28, 2013 I've just ordered a couple Sundown SD-2 10's for a single cab truck. Maybe look into them? It's like the SA but made for small enclosures. $150 a sub and they take 500 RMS. And I think sealed needs .5 cubes so you would be pretty alright there.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.