Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

port help


Recommended Posts

Posted

How much volume do you show the port displacing? I'm tired and don't want to do the math? Also where did you come up with 45" in port length? What did you use to determine that?

64.75 inches square. And My buddy DylanBunch told me to keep adding port length until I got the tune I wanted

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2615]

Posted

I get 2.0 cuff port displacement. Give or take

If the displacement is in cubic ft its 1.79cuft

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2615]

Posted

Do you only listen to Decaf and chopped and screwed music? SQ brand subs typically like a higher tune than 30 Hz. You're port length it's pretty close for the desired running you want(I assumed the box would be 3.5 cubes after sub displacement and the port which is about 1.75 cubes with my rough off the top of my head math).

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I get 2.0 cuff port displacement. Give or take

If the displacement is in cubic ft its 1.79cuft

Did you add the port wall to you displacement or just figure the internal dimensions of the port

Posted

Do you only listen to Decaf and chopped and screwed music? SQ brand subs typically like a higher tune than 30 Hz. You're port length it's pretty close for the desired running you want(I assumed the box would be 3.5 cubes after sub displacement and the port which is about 1.75 cubes with my rough off the top of my head math).

Only decaf yes and math is correct but port is 1.79

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2615]

Posted

So take a piece of paper. Draw an aerial view of your enclosure and label your measurements. I'm talking about everything, even the .75" for the thickness of the sides of the enclosure. Draw your port.

Now, make a line down the middle of the port. That line needs to be centered. It would be 1.75" from either wall of the port. Draw that line straight to the back of the box and stop once you've reached 1.75". Make a 90° turn and take that line straight down, parallel, with the back of the box.

When you go to figure out your length for the pieces of wood, all you have to do is use that 1.75" and subtract from your length. The 45" needs to be obtained by measuring down the center line though.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I get 2.0 cuff port displacement. Give or take

If the displacement is in cubic ft its 1.79cuft
Did you add the port wall to you displacement or just figure the internal dimensions of the port

I added the port wall, but I did all the math in my head. So it could definitely have an error

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Strange duck, you're right on it. I busted out the pencil and paper since I wasn't firing the comp up. I get 2.01 cubes displaced by the port

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5110 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...