Second Skin Audio

port help

I know, lol. I'm at work and I'm not going to try to figure his tuning but I would guess 15 to 20 hz. Someone who has access to Torres should throw these numbers into Torres as a 3 common wall box to see where its at.

Also, OP, your port cuts for a 45" long port are 16.75" for the piece that goes straight back into the box. The port extension that goes parallel with the back wall is 25" even. That gives you a total length of 45"

You're welcome

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

With the port displacement what it is, and then adding the sub itself, I get around 3.2 cubes net. That would require a 52" long port to achieve 30 Hz tuning. A 45" long port would put you right at like 32 Hz.

With such a low tune, like Kranny said, your upper output will likely be gone. So as long as you only want to listen to Decaf and rap, that tuning will be fine. Most guys that run the SQ stuff will time 34 up to 39(sometimes higher).

Guess I was wrong. Carry on then.

It's all good dude, no worries. A 45" port sounds crazy long. It was 3.5" wide though and that will take a much longer kind to achieve the lower tuning. If the port width had been like 2.5" wide, you're right, dude would've been tuned in the 20s, like 26ish

He's using that new SQ HDS15. I'm not familiar with Xmax numbers and they're not listed but I'd guess around 18MM. He's got like basically 65" of port now. I'd have probably done around 50" or so. So .75" less in width. The port length wouldn't need to be NEARLY as long either.

Sorry for a late reply as I had to leave for work. I got everything all figured out and now just have to get my top piece on and run my wires and Ill be good to go! Thanks all for the help though it was greatly appreciated!

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2615]

Archived