Second Skin Audio

thinking about building a new box

MACnonsence6

so im contemplating building a new box using aeros because i have a heard time getting slots perfect and i feel its always tuned to low.

box im running now is about 4.5 after everythings displacement tuned at 37 atleast thats what tores said when i put everything together i feel like its a good deal lower then that.

my current box is something like 30w 17h and i think 22d. with 2 re se 12s with fi recones. im thinking about making a box that i can use my destroyers in when i get them built but that my se's will also do well in. so being the destroyers have a higher displacement then the se i was thinking of calculating the difference then adding something into the enclosure to displace the same amount of air that the destroyers would. with the se's in there.

so 2 se 12s with added displacement. then when my destroyers are built they go in and the added displacement would be taken out. keeping tuning the same. as well as box volume.

only issue is im not sure if i can run areos with 2 12s and a 30x17 face of the box my plan was to have the subs on the outside and the aeros in the middle something like O8O but with the ends of the 8 being smaller if that makes sence. but being i plan to use the destroyers i was thinking of something along the lines of a tripple baffle with the 3rd being beauty panel so the cut outs would be to the outside of the woofer not the mounting hole.

looking for thoughts,opinions and advice

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived