Second Skin Audio

2 8" hx2 and old school 1000w v12

jturbo86

2 8" hx2 and old school 1000w v12

Just picked up a 09 CTS (sedan) and im looking to put these in. I'd like to have them facing the front of the car (in the trunk) and build a false wall so you can see them from the trunk and mount the amp behind the wall also (will install 2 120mm fans for cooling). I'm looking for sound quality and a box that's not massive (2.5ft3). I will keep the armrest and the pass through cover open. If anyone wants to give me some box designs they I'd be happy to check them out but otherwise I should be able to come up with something on my own.

What do you guys think I should tune these too? I listen to mostly hiphop

Should I go with an aero-port, maybe 2 3"?

Also, Im going to keep the OEM head unit so im planning on tapping off the OEM sub out, I don't have 300$ to spend on a good LOC, what would you guys recommend on the cheaper side of things. I know this is going to negate my quest for SQ but i will upgrade in the future. My goal right now is to just get them in the car working and go from there.

The factory battery is in the truck and it has a 140a alt. (i think) from the factory, this should be more the enough to keep up with the 1000w amp for now, ill do big 3/4 in the future when I have the money for an extra battery, amp, and interior speakers.

Thanks for an input,

John

Archived