how to model woofers in door panels

MACnonsence6

im once again going back and forth between what to run in my doors for mid bass. based on price i could save like $60 going between a shallow 8 and a normal.

when you glass a woofer in a door panel is there a way to model what it may sound like with a program. or are you essentially doing an ib design. i can either run a rockford shallow 8 in the cubby partition of my door panel. so in effect it would have its own sealed enclosure. or i can cut that cubby partition out and run a p2 regular 8. the ruglar 8 should be able to dig deaper. but the shallow 8 is ment for small enclosures.

also if running a 5-1/4 and an 8 in the same door panel ib style. can the 8 effect the 5-1/4 could always make a seperate parition for the 5-1/4

set up will consist of rockford power 5-1/4 components up front power 6x9 in the back. plan to run a ct 125.4 then a 125.2 for the 8s. and sub stage consists of a pair of re destroyer 12s on 5k+

my goal is clean and loud and dumb low bass when i decide its needed. so i planned to use the 8s as woofers. hitting the upper range the subs may have issues with. and keeping those same fq away from the components to keep sq. the 6x9s may blend with the 8s in some places but i dont think ill let them get to low as to keep away from muddyness and what not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P2D4-8-8-1000-Watt-Dual-4-Ohm-Car-Subwoofers-Subs-/390749406188?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5afa7ac3ec&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-P3SD4-8-2YR-WRNTY-8-300W-4-OHM-CAR-AUDIO-STEREO-SUB-WOOFER-/181254857847?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item2a33a1a477&vxp=mtr

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived