Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

recommendations for 12" xxx enclosure


SM BA/XXX

Recommended Posts

Posted

Can anyone offer some advise? I'd like to build a custom center console that houses a 12" RE Audio XXX in my 08 GMC extended cab Sierra. I don't think I want a sealed box, but I am open to suggestions. I have just enough width in between the seats to fit the sub using 3/4" mdf for construction. The sub will be amplified with either a RF T1000-1bdCP or a Kole audio phanatix series PH1-5500D. (any advise on that as well would be appreciated). Electrical upgrades to the truck have been completed already. I have a fair amount of car audio knowledge but by no means am I an expert. I do however own a cabinet shop and I have a great deal of experience in fabrication and unlimited access to tools and materials. I'm not looking to compete or trying to obtain huge spl numbers, but I like my music loud and pure. My music preference is vast but I do not listen to a lot of rap. I am usually the type of person to experiment and self teach, but for this project I feel the knowledge of the members on this site will be more beneficial. I can handle the math to calculate volumes and port lengths during construction but need help with obtaining the best possible volumes, port shapes, sub and port direction, tuning freq., box type. Basically, I've built a lot of systems in the past on my own, which sounded good, but could have been better, this box I want to be the best for the space the I have to work with, and after looking at some of the work done by members of this forum I know this is the right place to ask. The width between the seats is max 14" (this is the only definite measurement), from the front to the rear I,d like to stay around 30", and for the height around 17"(at least at the front of the box, to use as an armrest as well, towards the rear it could be different). If there is a member that has done something similar before or has some good ideas, I have a good bit of car audio gear not in use or a few bucks that I would be willing to trade off. Thanks, if anymore info is needed let me know

Posted

whatever you do use double baffle

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

Posted

whatever you do use double baffle

^hilarious

I would just measure your space your working with, find out your internal cuft that you have minus wood. Im sure re has recommended enclosure specs. Go from there .

CAR AUDIO JUNKIE

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2631 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...