Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

zcon 18s box help


rowdyful7

Recommended Posts

Posted

Can anyone help with a design for two zcon 18s My dimensions are 48w 25h 32d and I plan on tuning around 36-38 htz I know it's kind of high but I want good numbers and to be able to play music well so maybe more around 35htz just somewhere in there

Posted

I ran my friends zcon for a week or two in a box that's tuned around 31 with 150 square inches of port, it has 7.5 cubes net of air space. It was too punchy, but slammed on the highs, I would not tune it any higher. And I know I'm being a bigot but why are you chasing numbers and play music, I would choose one or the other or build two boxes.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." Albert Einstein

Posted

Sounds like a beastly little setup.

What vehicle? what amp(s)?

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Posted

I ordered a saz 5000 and singer 6 phase alternator a xs 2400 for up front and a xs 7500 or 6500 for the back can't remember which it was called and it's going in my ext cab gmc sierra

Posted

Oh and it looks like I'll have around 9 cubes for each sub from my dimensions doesn't it?

9 cubes seems a little to large, and if it's going in a Sierra extended cab I would tune to about 33/34 hz my ext silverado loves the lows. Have you sound deadened anything yet?

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." Albert Einstein

Posted

Around 7 sounds good. Around 200 square inches of port would be good for daily if you're shooting for numbers do about 260. I'm not a box designer so I'm probably wrong. maybe joe x will chime in.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." Albert Einstein

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3199 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...