I'm in the market for a new phone but i'm stuck between the moto G and the CPO iphone 4S on verizon. I picked these two phones because i dont want a contract, only verizon and us cellular work reliably where I live and US celluar's prepaid phone either "suck" or cost to much. Both phones have the same weakness of no SD card and built in battery. I"m leaning towards the iphone but a possible issue with it is that I run Unbuntu exclusively on my computer. I dont want to have to buy music off of Itunes and the Itunes pc software doesnt work with linux even with Wine. I'm hoping jailbreaking the iphone would let me get around that but I'm hoping someone can tell me if that is the case.

The only real advantage i see to the moto G is the quadcore processor, larger screen, the fact that it being android i wont have any issues with file transfers, and the fact that its half the price. I don't really game on phones besides the typical angry bird, fruit ninja ect so im not sure how much the faster processor would benefit me.

Whether or not i can transfer music off of my linux based computer to the jailbroken iphone would probally be the deciding factor for me.

Archived