Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

if your going for SQ, just stick with the fs of the speaker, because if you see with the sub on a graph, and its got the Fs, and a bass boost, there ends up being to many boosts, and dips, the bass boost is only good when messing with somthing to just get loud, and not to worried about sound quality

its a Focus point, like the Fs, but the Fs has most of the electrical charicteristics, that the bass boost wont have

if you have a woofer with a 30hz Fs, and a box tuned at 40hz, if you do a impedance tests, the 30hz Fs is still ectronically there

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Okay, I have a new box Iam building this weekend for a friend. Its going in a pretty sweet 2001 Buick Lesabre. Going to do 2- 15" that I built for him about year and a half ago- They are somewhat based on Kove Armeghedon Z15s, hell actually come to think of it, its the one I ran at Autorama last year.

Heres the sketches, when I get started on the box tomorrow I will take some pics

This is going to be a isobaric phase line, should hit the lows nicely- tuning is going to be between 32-34hz, wich is Fs of the subs. Amp is a Massive Audio 1500.1

Heres the design

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

a little more time added to the drawings

dead on 34hz

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sundown.jpg

yes, isobaric

sundown.jpg

how do you determine how big you cut the 45's for the corners?

You have to keep the port dimensions through the corners.

For EX.

Say your port is 13in x 6in.

You want a distance of 6 inches between the 45* angle and the inside corner or another 45* angle, depending on what you went with.

Archived