Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Iam getting a lil better with this sketchup

I was bored a few min ago, and came up with this

this is a 12" phase horn, tuned to 37.5hz 13" cut out to install speaker in the horn, and to compress air when going in and out, for better velocity

This should slam pretty good, just gotta find a high, to mid/high Q woofer with a 38hz or so Fs, and this shoul slamm

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

phase horn...also known as a "Tapped Horn"

looky http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread....;threadid=97674

• 2 weeks later...

can you help me out with a t-line for a elemental designs 6.5 eu-700 off a directed 600 at 2ohms for 300watts..

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

2 level 3 15s in a 4th order

mb quart 1500.1 (for now untill i get a dc 1.2k)

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

-Authorized Dealer for DC Soundlab in Alaska-

what kinda dimensions?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

this is what the site has for them

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_i...;products_id=33

Qts: .29

Qes: .30

Qms: 10.5

Fs: 28 Hz

Re: 3.2

Vas: 22 L

Mms: 50 g

Bl: 13.3 T*m

SPL: 85 dB

Sd: 114 cm^2

Xmax: 13 mm

Voice Coil: 38 mm

Magnet Width: 5.000"

Cutout Diameter: 6"

Mounting Depth: 3.500"

Weight: 7 lb

Total Height: 3.500"

Displacement: .04 ft^3

Outside Diameter: 7.25"

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

well, I have a design I did on sketchup, but the girls need the comp, i will post later

its a 28hz phaseline, TTB style unfortunatley

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

thats fine with me. and thanks for the help.. i was tryin to figure out the math for it and messed up on it.. it ended up bein 10 point somethin long for the port..

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

hmmm... this may be to complicated

its a phase line, a transmission line where the port and the sub share the same opening

ready?

sundown.jpg

Iam going to redo it, its to complicated with this design

sundown.jpg

Archived