Jump to content

Mounting options for upgrade?


Zak Katzer

Recommended Posts

Posted

First off, sorry mods if this is in the wrong spot. I am looking to upgrade the door speakers in my 2012 silverado, but when I was applying some deadner to the doors, I realized they came in a bizzare built in housing and Im not sure what to do. here are some pics to help make it clearer. Would just making some MDF cutouts work?

pobBgGC.jpg

4kvm81G.jpg

PPAAQvB.jpg

2012 Silverado ext cab

Kenwood DDX470

XS D3400 (starter)

XS D375 (under passenger seat)

XS d3100

Mechman 240

Big three

SMD VM-1

All SHCA wire

80 sq feet of Damplifier

6.5 Crescendo CZ's (front doors) (needed)

5..25 Crescendo CZ's (back door) (needed)

Crescendo 125.4 (needed)

Sundown Zv4 12

Skar 4500 (2ohm)

Posted

I made my own speaker baffles for my 2011 extended cab Silverado out of plywood. I used 1/4" oak to make the baffle plates and birch plywood to make the rings for mounting the speakers. The photo below is for my front doors. The ring was made from 3/4" birch plywood. For the rear door speakers the ring was made from 1/2" plywood. For the rear door baffles I used the factory speakers as my template. I extended the bottom edge of the rear baffles by 1/4". This gave me a little more room to shoot 2 screws thru the bottom edge of the baffle into the steel of the door. The rear factory speakers are about 5.25". I replaced them with 6.5" mid-woofers without any issues.

405416194.jpg

Here's an older photo showing the drip guard I added. I used a single XTC foam baffle and cut it in half to make the drip guard for each baffle. I used hot glue and staples to secure them to the baffles.

405416196.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1013 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...