Second Skin Audio

recone upgrade

Tallyfiman

It would probably cost more to do that than to get a new one that can handle more

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

No fixmyspeaker.com does that it just wouldn't be worth it for the price. And motor power would be a problem

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

you could prolly get better soft parts idk about the price not being worth it though as aposed to the cost of a 18 bl. a larger coil coild make the stock woofer more efficient. which in throery should lead to higher usuable bl and higher sensitivity. measure the gap and see what the size of fis other coils are. fi makes great stuff and uses great parts i have a pair of re se 12s reconed with fi base soft parts. and am feeding them a rockford t2000bd @ 1ohm its really hard to get them hot let alone start to stink

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

True I bought the sub like 6 months ago from a guy and he said it was a bl so when my sub caught fire the other day I went ahead and ordered a bl recone but when I started cuttin the sub up I realized it was an ssd and was like dam so now I'm wondering if I could just put the bl recone on it but I've heard that the ssd motor won't push it that good and i don't know if it will fit on that model so I guess ill just have to wait and see

idk the specs of your current sub to lazy to look them up but you should. being theres no coil in your current gap mesure it see what you'll be able to fit. the spider location should be the same so everything should line up. unless the bl coil has a longer former or ww. read and find out or try but compare your old coil to the new one.

how long ago did u order the bl recone fi usually takes a month or so to make them so u may be able to message them and be like o ya my bad

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived