2002 WRX Ampifier Grounding Problem

Hello SMD Forums, I'm encountering quite a dilemma when it comes to try to turn on my new amps for my build. I figured out pretty much anywhere I try and make a grounding point it ends up being a dud.

The places I've tried is some where near the rear deck, near the Fuel pump on the floor, and also small holes near the jack, and I've even tried a solid piece of steel with a 3/8" hole and it still does not work. I've also tried using the bolts already there and nothing.

With trying these areas, I've sanded them down and used steel washers/nuts/bolts to try to get this sucker to work. When I look at the multimeter it reads at about 5.7 ohms or 5.6 ohms no matter where I put it in the trunk.

So I'm really at a loss of what is going on. I'm about to take it to a car audio "professional" to see if they can make some magical genie stuff happen to get it to work. I would rather not run 2 grounds back to the battery just to have my stuff work.

Please, I'm desperate. Lol

Thanks for the read.

Well if this is the case I dont think it is a grounding problem

Edit: do you have a good ground from the battery to the frame

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

There must be something else causing this because the first time i grounded an amp i hooked it up to the trunk lid and it still worked (I've learned since then). Take a dmm and see if you are getting 12 on the power wire

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Archived