Sonic Electronix

k guys reconed my re destroyers with soft parts from tantric. shimmed the same way i did with my se's and jlw713 and got slight rub on one and pretty noticable on the other. after some tugging on the surround and acetone on the spider. i got the whole assembly out cleanly for both in one piece. so im going to try again tomorrow. im just trying to figure out what i did wrong. i tryed the 4 corner methed using cut up binder dividers and i could get 3 sheets thickness in 3 out of the 4 corners i i then tried the 3 x triangle way and i was able to get 3 sheet thickness in each thinking it was shimmed well i glued and well found out it wasnt. not really sure what to do at this point ill clame user errer because i dont think the recones are the issue at all. im just trying to figure out how to get these beasts together properly. im using ebay ti baskets but i dont think that would be the issue cause alot of people use them.

any insight or helpfull advice.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived