Michael James Murphy Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 I was wondering tall opinion on how much I should ask for a blown RE SX 12. It still plays one voice coil but the Leads are in need of soldering...or make direct leads... The other voice coil the guy I got it from made an attempt to fix it by cutting a hole in the cone....but he couldn't find the other end to solder it back together.it still plays and gets loud considering the hole in the cone....what do yell think I should ask for it.im trying to sell.
MACnonsence6 Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 is it a real sx or the sxx. / back when i was looking for 3" motors i was quoted 100 for an sx motor this was also 4 years ago. so being thats the basics of what you would be selling id say somewhere around 100 shipped prolly less I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
Michael James Murphy Posted March 18, 2014 Author Report Posted March 18, 2014 It's definitely not a sxx. It has the 12 spoke basket also.
MACnonsence6 Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 ya thats what i was quoted for by multiple people. but also keep in mind the market. people who know where to get stuff wouldnt pay 100 shipped. i can get mini csp motors that im pretty sure dwarf an sx not positive though for 85 shipped. so if your into trying to get the most for it its all about marketing it to the right person. i have an RE thing. so i would be interested in the motor,basket but only for the right price. I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
Michael James Murphy Posted March 18, 2014 Author Report Posted March 18, 2014 Im going to talk to someone about buying it. ..He wants it. ..He just didn't know anything about it. Which is why I asked. I'll let you know if it doesn't go through.
MACnonsence6 Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 in the same aspect a recone from fi for it isnt that expensive why not build it. or build it into an 18 I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
Michael James Murphy Posted March 18, 2014 Author Report Posted March 18, 2014 That is what my plans was when I got it...do a fully up graded FI recone I just decided to go a different way with the build..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.