Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All, I hope this is in the right spot, if not can a mod move and let me know.

I was into car audio many...many years ago, and just got back into it again, CA is alot bigger now !

Anyways, i'm going to start this build log to see how things develop over time.

I have a few other items that I have already done but no pics that I can find of the build , so might as well start with replacing the old head unit, once removed and was I faced with this mess.

20140317_144016_zpsg1bjzvxn.jpg

it's amazing what people do to cars and hide it away!

Then to find the correct wires (what goes where?)20140317_144616_zpsy70ebol0.jpg

After a struggle, this... all soldered and heat shrunk :) much happier.

20140317_163358_zpsausagcff.jpg

More to come...

nothing to see here...

 
Posted

I have a Kenwood KAC-M615D sub amp (600w peak) 200w rms @ 4 ohms and 300w rms @ 2 ohms
I have wired my subs (please dont laugh) 2 x sony 12" 300rms in a ported box 125lts or 4.4cft - ported to 35hz @ 2 ohms
box_zps1a158f34.jpg

and

116_zps15f38961.jpg

goes well for what it is.

8 gauge wiring, stock electrical, I have upgraded the ALT wire, earth & engine block to 2gauge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTt5nmjfAs

It's (at this stage not going to be a massive SPL machine so will look to upgrade the wiring to 2 gauge to the subs.)

nothing to see here...

 
Posted

Looking to build this box (torres) to fit in 2 x SoundQubed HDS312 with an AMP to suit.

3499_zps800d1b97.png

143 lrts is 5 cubic feet.

nothing to see here...

 
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Quick build update , building the box ..
20140406_141015_zpsvz8n63ia.jpg

and

20140406_143132_zpsut5iasib.jpg

20140413_184158_zpsfdnyiqss.jpg

adding the top baffle, just for looks really.

and smoothing out the port

20140414_081719_zpshxix8bh4.jpg

20140414_081739_zpsoxktrqem.jpg

...

20140414_081748_zpst2ssh3ry.jpg

sanding.. more sanding ..and more sanding, more pics to come..
Thanks for looking.

nothing to see here...

 
Posted

Great start so far! welcome back!

Thanks dude, I have forgotten how long it takes to build / fabricate, especially when ya work full time !

nothing to see here...

 
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

So the box sounds horrible, and I have been reading about 4th Order boxes here
I have an old school Pioneer 150 Free Air sub...

So I sliced off the front of the other box that I recently built, 1:2 ratio setup and running at 4ohm getting about 200watts.

Pics Below.

20140505_120940_zpstehgofai.jpg

20140505_131129_zpsi3abwifl.jpg

20140505_132156_zpsjvsrstis.jpg

20140505_143101_zpsey4zt2gd.jpg

20140505_143052_zpsleubhqm2.jpg

All in and silicone'd up

20140505_150113_zpswwtjugjd.jpg

front on and in the car, sounds excellent to me so far, but as normal, you always want more :)

20140505_180349_zpsn8kjqtuk.jpg

I'll take the box out sometime this week and sand and smooth out the port.

Thanks for looking.

More to come.

nothing to see here...

 
Posted

Forgot to add, I tuned the sealed part to 33hz and the ported to 84hz

Size of the box is 900W x 482H x 400D metric and millimeters.

I put the coil into the ported area so I could smell the coil if I hit it too hard.

/edit typo

nothing to see here...

 
Posted

Nice man!

Don't see too many fellow Aussies on here!

Tuned in for more :)

Thxs dude, yea not many of us here.

Went for cruise tonight just to see how it sounded, maybe my ears/body but I think it sounded louder and hit harder, I "felt" more air movement, i think I did... but the old ear'O'meter ya cant trust.

Would be interesting to get it on the mic for test's.

Time to get a bigger AMP and new sub to test.

nothing to see here...

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 906 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...