intrevic Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 I received my Pioneer X4600BT and Pioneer ND-BC6 and the Axxess ASWC1. I made a my connections and soldered all the wires. I should point out that I did ground the Axxess and camera wire to the car. Anyways the only wire I didn't connect was the purple one for the camera I believe it says reverse. Okay so I test everything out and it all works. I went to system settings and put the camera polarity under ground. I test the camera and it works really well. Then I try to go back to the main menu and the radio do anything but stay on the backup feature. I have to unplug the entire radio in order to get to the menu but then it automatically goes back to the camera. What is causing this issue
Stephen13 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 ummm... what? 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
pickup1 Posted April 6, 2014 Report Posted April 6, 2014 There's a setting where you can manually turn on the camera...maybe that's what you did...
Purpleheart91 Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 I ran into this problem on my Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS. Disconnect the camera from the head unit then reconnect the head unit and go into the settings menu. If the camera polarity is still set to ground change it to positive (or voltage/ battery, I can't remember what it is labeled) that should fix the issue. The setting for camera means that whatever you have it set to is what triggers the HU to activate the camera and since the HU is not sensing voltage at the purple wire it assumes the camera should be on. That is why it automatically switches to the back-up view and you are unable to access the settings. That is what sorted the issue out for me anyway, hope it helps.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.