Cruze2 Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 I currently have a fi sp4 15'' sub and I was wondering if someone could help me with a box design. The space I have to work with is 17" tall, 35.5" wide, and 25" depth. It'll be going in the trunk of a Chevrolet Cruze. I kinda want an aero port or a regular slot ported box design, I just want whatever would give the sub the most potential. If there is anything else I am missing just let me know. Thank you. 2012 Chevrolet Cruze
jarrius Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 What amp? And is that the max dimentions of the trunk or the max you can fit in through the trunk opening? I think I see you may having to build in the trunk... May be don't own a cruze own a sonic. Edit: What do you want it tuned at? 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Cruze2 Posted April 8, 2014 Author Report Posted April 8, 2014 I have a Ct Sounds 2500.1, yeah that's the max dimentions of the trunk, but the depth I can go to about 30". I just want some space for an amp rack. As far as the opening goes I have to remove the entire back seats to put a box that big in. The dimentions for the opening is 18"x38" lol but I can't go that wide because of the trunk hinges. 2012 Chevrolet Cruze
jarrius Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 What do you want the tuning of the box to be? what is your goal for this? 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
jarrius Posted April 8, 2014 Report Posted April 8, 2014 also I think to get it to work Aero ports may be your only bet unless a design is made with the dimensions you made. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
jarrius Posted April 9, 2014 Report Posted April 9, 2014 Here is one I did tuned at 35hz(rounded up) DONT BUILD IT until some one alse can check it out. Im still new to actually designing boxes. Please joeX or some one with more experience look at this. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Cruze2 Posted April 9, 2014 Author Report Posted April 9, 2014 Same here that's why I would like some help lol, and my goal is for it just to be loud I want to kill the lows with this sub...and the tuning to be around 29-35hz lol. As far as the aero port goes someone mentioned it to me and I was intrigued, I would just like to be whatever is loudest lol. Can't get enough of it. 2012 Chevrolet Cruze
jarrius Posted April 9, 2014 Report Posted April 9, 2014 well the one I posted is with a slot port. but between the 2 of wich will be louder we cant really tell you its all tuning. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
jarrius Posted April 9, 2014 Report Posted April 9, 2014 Bump for a look at the box design if it's bad I will remove it and let a pro handle this. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
jarrius Posted April 10, 2014 Report Posted April 10, 2014 Same question as above any one look at this design yet? 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.