MaxStanden Posted April 9, 2014 Report Posted April 9, 2014 Hey so thanks to some of the memebers of SMD I think I have chosen my setup but now I need help with getting or building a box. I plan on Using 2 sundown E15" subs with a Soundqubed 1200W amp. Is there a place that sells enclosures that arent $500? Or how could I build one? Any help greatly appreciated! Cheers, Max gone whippin
dubtuner98284 Posted April 9, 2014 Report Posted April 9, 2014 Tell me a few things about what you are looking for. Are you wanting sealed or ported? What are the dimensions of the space you are trying to fit into? Are you comfortable with a nail gun or power tools? Can you read blueprints? How far are you willing to go with modifying your car? I can help if you want. Just need to know what you need.
MaxStanden Posted April 11, 2014 Author Report Posted April 11, 2014 From what I have read I will be wanted a ported box, I actually dont know for sure yet as Im looking at either TBSS, tahoe or equinox at the moment so smaller the better, Yes as my construction teacher said he could help me with it and let me use it as a project in shop class so I have almost any tool at my disposal, I could figure it out with his help, not a whole lot but it depends. I order my subs today so they should be in soon gone whippin
MaxStanden Posted April 11, 2014 Author Report Posted April 11, 2014 Also I would like to not have to put the seats down and have it be a trunk only box but at the same time also want to be able to take it out so when I need trunk space I can get it! gone whippin
jarrius Posted April 11, 2014 Report Posted April 11, 2014 If it goes in a trunk you will have to put the seats down to get the bass you are looking for. My seats never go up. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
MaxStanden Posted April 11, 2014 Author Report Posted April 11, 2014 I have no problem putting the seats down to get great bass but I just want to be able to put the seats up when I need to! As much as I love big subs I still need to have room in my car. gone whippin
dubtuner98284 Posted April 12, 2014 Report Posted April 12, 2014 I just realized that sundown has a perfect box designed already. Look at the bottom of the page under box specs and cut sheet and you can pull up the dual E15 recommended enclosure. I would have designed something like that. If you end up with a Tahoe or Equinox you wont have to worry about the box footprint. Its almost exactly what I would do. Same tuning and everything.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.