FISHKILLER Posted April 17, 2014 Report Posted April 17, 2014 Hello all! Little background on situation at hand. I built a T line box for one LMS ULTRA for my extended cab truck. I loved the response and the output was tremendous! (for me at least, most I have ever heard, oh well) Only downfall, box was huge for a single sub! Decided to go the other extreme and built a 4 cubic foot after dis sealed enclosure. Box had great musicality as one would expect but lost some output, surprise right...... Decided I want more. I had been bi ampimg the single ultra with a pair of JL 1000/1s. I just purchased a pair of DC2ks and plan on strapping them to a pair of the ultras this time. With my power and subs decided its time for me to design and build another box! WOOP! Been thinking hard on some aeros but having a hard time deciding how muc area or what size aeros I need. Been leaning towards 30hz tuning. I listen to everything. Have about 10 or eleven cubes to play with. I want it to sound good and loud at same time. Have to admit you tube has me hooked watching flex and hairtrick vids! What is yalls suggestions for the best setup with my ultras and 4000 watts?
Pro7 Posted April 17, 2014 Report Posted April 17, 2014 What size are they? And what are your max dimensions? I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
FISHKILLER Posted April 17, 2014 Author Report Posted April 17, 2014 They are 18s. Max dimensions are a little tricky, gonna angle behind my back seats, subs firing toward rear ports to side or up or possibly forward. I think I can sneak a fairly large port in length wise with my angle. Will do some more measuring today. I have ten or a touch more cubes after sub disp. I am in the process now of changing my electrical , again. I currently have 270a HO alt big three done in 1/0 stock battery, two runs of 1/0 to rear. Adding two more runs of 1/0 and adding two batteries, I live in a yacht building town and have the possibility of getting my hands on some nice used but not used up batteries.
FISHKILLER Posted April 17, 2014 Author Report Posted April 17, 2014 I am not looking for a box design, I can handle that part, I need to know what would be optimal for these subs in my space with aeros . Playing with the PSP aero calculator, looks like ten inch aeros are gonna be the biggest I will be able to use given box, port length and also port disp. Do yall think that ten inch ports (2 of them) will suffice for my 18 ultras on 2000 rms a piece? They have a one way Xmax of 33mm. Thanks for any help guys! It never ceases to amaze me at the amount of info on sites like this!
FISHKILLER Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 Hey guys. My space constraints and box size are limiting me on my port size. Been planning on aeros. I can squeeze a nine inch port in there for 63 inches of port area or I can use two six inch ports and one four inch port for 69 inches of port or I can go with as many four inchers as necessary. Hoping to do the 2 sixers and one four. What do yall think about usinf different size ports and also what about a calculator for such an application? Any and all help is much appreciated! I am very close to building my box. Hoping to build it this week. So far I have deadened my whole truck, roof and floor included. Run extra 3/0. Added two batteries. Today I deadened and sealed my doors and installed my ID xs 65s. Yesterday I deadened and stiffened then completely sealed my Q logic kicks with a set of ID xs 65 mids and xs 68 tweets. Have a few more interior panels to reinstall and check for any rattles in those then its box time!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.