Second Skin Audio

Sealed box to small

Rck'nRF

Basically what happens with boxes is that the bigger you go, the less "back pressure' you get in the box. If you don't have a bunch of power its ok to fun a big box usually, depending on the subs. Bigger usually plays lower but the power handling on your subs drops because the suspension will bottom out sooner. If you are overpowering the sub then you don't really want to make the box real big. You can stuff polyfil into the box if you truly feel like it needs to be bigger.

Good grief do my lights dim on the bass notes at night now!

Bought a new OE Alt for it last sept that puts out 104Amps max..should i

go with new AGM battery first OR go with higher output Alt?

P.s. I am running 0-guage for power/neg and have done big 3 with no capacitor.

A good battery will help, but the best solution is usually a better alt. I'm thinking you said you were running a rockford 1000 right. I should probably just go back and look but that takes time and what not. Anyway a good battery will help.

Yeah a 'RF Power 1000bd"..Curious question..how many Amps does it take to run

all park/driving/interior/dash lights-(at night)- and engine sensors etc without any stereo system ?

(1996 chevy truck)

I think at bare minimum just for Rockford amp, alt is gonna have to be 120Amps..

I don't know to say exactly but definitely need a bigger one. Also I don't know how many systems you've had but you aren't going to stop at 1000 watts. You'll go bigger eventually. I say plan for the future and go big on electrical now, or as cash permits. Get a good mechman or something and then you won't worry about it again. Which one exactly? I don't know. Maybe email them and ask.

Archived