Gravlin216 Posted April 17, 2014 Report Posted April 17, 2014 All 4 of my RF T2 tweets have blown,all the mids are still good I just wanna get some new tweets and replace old ones while using the same x-overs that came with the T2 set. Is that possible or can I not use any tweeter with those X-overs? And what's a good choice of tweeters to get? They'll be powered by a 400-4.
Gravlin216 Posted April 18, 2014 Author Report Posted April 18, 2014 Can I use any tweeter with the RF x-overs?
trumpet1 Posted April 18, 2014 Report Posted April 18, 2014 You didn't ask, but the most likely reason those tweeters blew is because your amplifier gain is too high and you can't tell when the tweeters are driven too hard. Back off the gain so you're less likely to go through this again. It's best to buy the same tweeters you originally used. You could use different tweeters of the same impedance, but you'd be guessing if it would sound how you want.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.