Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Fi Bl 15


holdterry

Recommended Posts

Posted

I wondered if the flatwind coil hurts sq and or is what is referred to as prone to peaking just a over all increase in output? Box is 4.08 net 3.25 tuned 31-32 Hz. I thought I would get the chamfer and flatwind coil = sub's stock RMS rating is 1500 and replacing SXX 15 2010 model because I sold it, and old box tuned a little too high for me and wanted something new.

Power amp big 3 - electrical seems OK stays above 13.5-14 volts, just first time ordering a sub with options and this is what I have to spend, so flatwind coil or not, used daily, but from what little I seen of subs they seem pretty beefy even stock. Of course gain set right all that I foresee no issue, like a descent sq and spl together if possible. If off base, guess better to know before pulling the trigger on a new sub.

Believe specs on sub box in car now is as follows:

Width: 25"
Depth: 21 1/2"
Height: 16 1/2"
Gross Airspace: 4.12 Cu.Ft.
Net Airspace: 3.5 Cu.Ft.
Port Dimensions: 15" X 2 1/2" X 28 3/4"
Port Volume: .62 Cu.Ft. Net 3.29
WELL MEASURED AREA LOOKING AT THE Bl 18 instead, son's other box after port and displacement has a net 5.29.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3203 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...