Sundown Audio

Crescendo S1500.1, Great amp!!!!

Mike Gibbens Matthew

So I ordered and received my Crescendo S1500.1. This thing is small!!! 1\2 the size of my Sundown SAE1200-d. 1\0 inputs. Hardly any draw on my electrical. They claim crazy efficiency. Yes it is, but I dont think its as high as they claim. More efficient than my sundown for sure. The bass sounds so clean and crisp.

I can say that this is a great amp in all aspects except durability. Only because I have only had it for a week.

+1 for droppinhzcaraudio.com, Packaging was above expectation, and they made the effort to get it to me in time for my first comp. Even though I was all the way across the count

I know this is kind of old. but how is it working out with that amp? I was thinking about buying one to push 2 Sundown SA-12 v3 750watt per speaker 1 ohm. I think these amp is crazy of a deal and if its still holding up i'll have to get one.. amp has to be small as possible so i can get it beneath driver side seat without wires hanging out so my kids dont kick the amp or wires... and i want a low profile clean install myself...i seen on the video using the dyno it got over 1700 watt on the test... was impressed... does it run hot? thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Mine runs cool, but i'm at 1.5 ohms. Has taken a lot of abuse and never whimpered.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

So I ordered and received my Crescendo S1500.1. This thing is small!!! 1\2 the size of my Sundown SAE1200-d. 1\0 inputs. Hardly any draw on my electrical. They claim crazy efficiency. Yes it is, but I dont think its as high as they claim. More efficient than my sundown for sure. The bass sounds so clean and crisp.

I can say that this is a great amp in all aspects except durability. Only because I have only had it for a week.

+1 for droppinhzcaraudio.com, Packaging was above expectation, and they made the effort to get it to me in time for my first comp. Even though I was all the way across the count

I know this is kind of old. but how is it working out with that amp? I was thinking about buying one to push 2 Sundown SA-12 v3 750watt per speaker 1 ohm. I think these amp is crazy of a deal and if its still holding up i'll have to get one.. amp has to be small as possible so i can get it beneath driver side seat without wires hanging out so my kids dont kick the amp or wires... and i want a low profile clean install myself...i seen on the video using the dyno it got over 1700 watt on the test... was impressed... does it run hot? thanks in advance

I'm running two of these on four SoundQubed HDS312's and its super nice, amps don't get too hot too quickly.

Archived